Enjoy beautiful things created by God n' Man . . . . . . . in musical slideshows!

Laughters and Smiles

October 12, 2017

FACES, FACES AND FACES

   What are the different types of faces? Happy faces, miserable faces, worried faces, abashed faces, egoistic faces, scared faces, angry faces, curious faces, loving faces, yes faces, no faces, if faces, but faces….faces and faces. All in all, there are only four types of faces: The faces of – kids, youths, grown-ups and those of the aged. More pithily, three types: faces of the past, present and the future. Cutting down the wing further, only two types: real faces and masked faces. Put it in a nutshell and there is just one type of face: a satisfied face. The remaining faces are not worth being called faces.

  All the noses are triangular, all eyes spindle-shaped, all eyelids arc-like, all lips bow-shaped and all ears helical. I often wonder who the artist must be who creates the infinite number of different faces using these seemingly similar shaped objects? And what his face looks like? How would we have recognized each other had he created us all with similar rabbit-like looking faces?

   The infant’s face Is like newly opened Microsoft Word document. At 50 or 60, it is filled with a lot of interesting stories about his dreams fulfilled and not fulfilled, his achievements and failures, his allies and opponents, his journeys and explorations, his bank accounts and medical prescriptions, his ideas and his own philosophy of living a life; written in his favorite language, fonts and colors. After 70, the things start getting deleted. At the time of death, it is blank again; ready to go beyond the recycle bin.

   With age, your face changes, your voice alters, your depth of knowledge increases, your mind varies but you remain the same. You have come here to meet this YOU in you.

   All the people may have a common face, as while watching a football match and a single face may unveil multiple persons, as while thinking alone.

   I stood in front of the mirror. There was somebody standing in it I couldn't recognize. My kith and kin showed me a photograph. They said,” That’s you.” I could hardly believe. I appeared in my every dream but that fellow was too fitful to grasp. I closed my eyes and looked deep down in the heart. There I was waiting for immortal pleasure!

   Why animals and birds look beautiful? Because they don’t have masks. Why do human beings look beautiful? Because they have!

   We don’t worship Jesus because he looked like Jesus, we don’t worship Buddha because he looked like Buddha. We venerate them because they faced life with a face that we don’t and we can’t have.

   Among these three contestants - Pretty brain, pretty heart and pretty face. Which wins? Heart in distress, brain in exams and face in the absence of these two!

  A kid’s face says – Wow! What is that? A teen’s face says – Wow! How will I get that? The face of a grown-up says – I've got it. Come, I will teach you how to achieve it. An elderly face says – Alas! I couldn't find in it what I searched for and desired for. This journey from ‘wow’ to ‘alas’ is what we call ‘life’.

   Many are identified by their faces. Some are identified by their achievements. And very few are identified by their hearts; these are the ones who reach the Pearly gates.

   Did you like this rhetorical babble? Ok, you and I will meet someday, face to face!

Share:

1 comment:

  1. So true! I did enjoy your "rhetorical babble" hahaha very much! So cute! I liked looking at all those smiling precious faces!

    ReplyDelete

Have a great day!
Visit again!